November Election Review: Meeting every month this year because of the elections. Had their first election as combined precincts last year for the SPLOST. It went smoothly. Also, it was the first time having early voting at the Civic Center. The board says it’s a much better location and facility.
- Election Board Chair, Vice Chair, & Secretary: Need to elect each of these positions. Motion made to keep the board the same for 2016. Motion passed unanimously.
- Calendar for PPP (presidential preference primary) election on 3/1/2016:
- March 1st, 2016: PPP
- February 3rd: next board meeting:
- Also on February 3rd: the chamber is having a Sun’s Up Breakfast and Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be speaking about elections. It’s at the hospital @ 7:30 a.m. The board of elections is thinking about attending as well.
- Board Member notes that Brian Kemp plans to run for Governor in 2018. Chairman “like[s] Brian” and thinks he’s been “an excellent Secretary of State.”
- February 4th: L&A (logistics and analysis) for EasyVote machines
- February 5th: will set up Civic Center as a voting location
- February 8th: advance voting begins for the PPP
- January 26th from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.: poll worker training will be held in the Sheriff’s Office Training Room