- Robert E. Haney, Chairman
- Janice Bennett, Assistant Chairman
- Mary Hefton, Secretary
- Jack Grubb
- Jessica Jones
Meeting Notes from Attendee:
- Meeting called to order with a word of prayer.
- Previous Minutes and Agenda
- Director’s Update
- Unless they request not to be, all of our elderly and disabled voters will receive a ballot by mail.
- I suggest we use iPads or some sort of other tablet at the polling locations to help us cut down on waiting times in the lines
- Also, in addition to getting county employees to work as poll workers I have a couple of ideas to help us cut down on the confusion of election day.
- I propose we have to different managers at each polling location:
- A logistics Precinct manager to handle equipment and personnel
- A Precinct Administration Manager to deal with paperwork matters.
- Motions made to add these jobs and tablets at the polling site
- Motions Approved
- Systems are constantly changing and we need to make sure our poll workers are up to speed. For this we need multiple trainings as most of our veteran poll workers do not want to come out due to Covid-19.
- The Chairman takes a moment to encourage voters who want to come out to the polls to cancel their paper ballot beforehand if they requested one.
- The next meeting is scheduled for August on the third Tuesday of the month.
- Meeting Adjourned
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here