- 6:35 p.m.: Meeting is called to order
- Agenda is Adopted
- Public Comments
- None at this time
- Election Results:
- 34, 657 Early Votes
- 31,116 Absentee ballots
- As of 5:30 p.m. there were 19,279 votes in person
- 560 Provisional ballots
- Drop boxes still to be counted
- Vendor notified the board that 4 locations had issues with poll pads. Other than this the polls were fairly quiet and the issues were resolved by 11:15 a.m.
- Having State Farm Arena, a week ago helped make everything easier
- New Scanners scanned 2,000 ballots per hour compared to 400-600 ballots per hour last time. The new system is a time benefit.
- Better bandwidth in the EPC warehouse is needed to download information onto the poll pads. It took 36 hours to download which was slower than in June. AT&T is installing 3gig of bandwidth. The main file couldn’t be uploaded until 5:35 am Saturday.
- Mark Wingate: I’d like to see a breakdown by political parties before we certify this thing
- Adjudication was at EPC with 6 people who worked 1.5-2 hours. Even with the learning curve it went well.
- Votes that didn’t go through the scanner were adjudicated for three reasons:
- 1. Over votes – too many marks
- 2. No vote – blank
- 3. Stray or ambiguous marks
- Information was downloaded to a thumb drive then transported to the EPC
- 3,092 ballots from the drop boxes. Will be doing more runs at 7 pm.
- As of August 9th there are 30,092 drop box ballots
- Cooney: We need to focus on absentee as it seems to count for a 3rd of the votes
- No Executive Session
- Meeting Adjourned
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here