Amos Kimbrough (Chairperson)
Jennifer Herzog (County Attorney)
- No changes were made to the budget
- Announced that they will have training for city elections on October 5th at 10:00 a.m. and on October 6th at 6:00 p.m.
- Advance voting will be available for three (3) weeks.
- Candidates in districts two (2) and four (4) will be running unopposed.
- There will also be a mayoral election.
- The board had a public hearing on precinct consolidations last week. The board has proposed to consolidate the number of precincts in Tift County from twelve (12) to one (1). During that meeting, the board posted maps around the room to show the proposed, new precinct boundary lines.
- Aside from the first idea, to consolidate from twelve (12) precincts to one (1), the board noted that the other options are: keep all twelve (12) open; or consolidate to seven (7), five (5), or three (3) precincts.
- Member McKee did not support the idea of going to seven (7) or three (3) precincts.
- After Member McKee motioned to table the decision until 2017, the board unanimously seconded it, leaving the precinct total at twelve (12).
Be First to Comment