- Director reported they have received voting machines and printers; looking for ways to store them.
- Hiring poll workers. Working with high schools to add 100 “student ambassadors” who will be poll workers.
- They will be coordinating van pickup services from voters’ homes or other locations to advanced voting sites.
- They have made arrangements to add a sixth voting location at a senior center because of access issues at the courthouse (slow, erratic elevators, steps, security check).
- January 23, they will have a voting machine demonstration day at the courthouse for the public.
- Staff will receive training from the state on January 24.
- The state will inspect polling locations on January 21-22 for power capacity.
- On the November ballot, the Soil and Water Conservation Board will add a supervisor position. Candidates will qualify with the election board in March.
Douglas County Board of Elections Meeting 01/09/20
More from Board of Elections MeetingsMore posts in Board of Elections Meetings »
Be First to Comment