Members present: Myesha Good (Chair), Robert Proctor, Daniel Zimmerman, , Maurice Hurry
- Director Milton Kidd reported they received 15,700 absentee ballots. There 900 left to be counted, which they will finish on June 12. They will certify them on June 19. He said he thought it was a successful election and cited no major problems.
- He noted they will have to prepare for the November election. He expects an increase in absentee ballots and other costs. He said it will take three to five days to count the mail-in ballots, going on to say each has to be opened, signatures are checked, and ballots are scanned.
- The chair, Myesha Good, thanked the staff.
- Old business: the chair asked about the status of a letter they plan to send to the county commission asking for additional support. Milton Kidd said they will have a draft for the board to review after they certify the election.
- New business: They went into executive session to discuss a legal matte
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here