Members present: Myesha Good (chair), David Fedack, Robert Proctor, Daniel Zimmerman, Maurice Hurry
Director: Milton Kidd
- MK said staff and poll workers debriefed on the primary, on July 1. A major concern was security: they had to call law enforcement to several locations because voters insisted on wearing political advertisements. He’ll will talk to law enforcement agencies about increasing their presence during the Nov election.
- The chair asked about a drop box for future elections. MK said there will be one for the runoff, but “legislation” is needed allowing drop boxes for the Nov election.
- To handle what he anticipates will be a heavy turnout in Nov, MK said he is talking to two precinct sites about being open for early voting. If they agree, the county will have 8 early voting sites instead of the current 6.
- To get the word out, MK reported they will host a public information session on July 15. He will also talk to courthouse officials about putting up a banner on the courthouse with early voting dates. He plans to have yard signs with early voting dates, as well.
- MK said they will start sending out general election ballots September 15. He reported the Sec of State’s office will have a website for applying for absentee ballots.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here
Be First to Comment