Persons attending the meeting and roll call
- Chairman Tommy Allen
- Vicechairman Glenda King
- Secretary Carla Freels
- Board member Ruth Brown
- Board member Rose Harvey
- Assistant director Laura Bassett
- Tony Chiarelli
- John Freels
- Lucy Powell
- Edis Cope
- Elections Director Olivia Morgan was not able to attend
Call to Order
- Chairman Allen called the meeting to order at 9:56 A.M.
- Board Member Brown led the Invocation and the Pledge was recited.
- The meeting was properly advertised
- The Agenda was presented, and it was approved as presented to the Board
- The minutes from the July 13, 2020 Board Meeting were tabled until the next meeting.
- Chairman Allen called for any names to be presented for a Hearing.
- Assistant Director Bassett stated that there were no names no the hearing list.
- Assistant Director Bassett have an overview of the runoff election
- Assistant Director Bassett asked the Board to consider keeping the Marlow early voting location closed for November due to staffing concerns
- Secretary Freels made a motion to keep the Elections Office as the only early voting location for November.
- Board Member Brown gave the second
- The motion passed unanimously
- Early voting will be held at the Office location starting October 13, 2020 and run through October 30, 2020 from 8:30AM to 5PM each day.
- Saturday voting will be held on October 24, 2020 from 9AM to 4PM
- Certification Paperwork was presented to the Board and all members of the Board signed to certify the August 2020 Runoff Election
- Some members of the public had questions about changing polling locations as well as cleaning procedures
Board or staff concerns:
No further business was required. There was no objection for meeting adjournment. Meeting was adjourned at 10:30 AM. The next board meeting will be scheduled for September 14, 2020 at 9:30 AM.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here