- Myesha Good
- Milton Kidd
- Bob Proctor
- Daniel Zimmerman
- Bob Hurry
Meeting notes: Meeting start 5:00 Meeting end 5:30
- Plans to add 4 more drop boxes in county
- Wants to change bus line times in county from 8am – 8pm for poll work transportation
- Have processed 15,000 absentee ballots so far
- Meeting Starts with motion to approve agenda for meeting.
- Motion Passed
- Motion moves on to public comments but director Milton Kidd says there are none.
- Motion to approve meeting minutes for August 13th.
- Motion passed
- The County has mailed out 23 confirmation notices to voters and have not received any back.
- Milton Kidd says the county has processed over 5,000 voter registration applications and include updates in previous voters status as well as new ones. These were the backlog and now the county is current on voter registration applications.
- Kidd states that the voter registration deadline is October 5th.
- Says 14,496 absentee ballots have been processed in the county through all means including paper and electronically.
- The county has secured funding to add more drop box locations.
- They already have one drop box at 8700 Hospital Drive but plan to add 4 more by September 30th.
- Boundary Water Aquatic Center- 5000 Highway 92 ,Dog River Library
- 6100 Highway 5 Deer Lick Park-2105 Mack Rd ,Old Courthouse- 6754 Church St
- Douglas County Board of Elections website has been updated as well as the whole county.
- It now has the most up to date information about election news in the county.
- The county has also established the hours for early voting and poll worker training.
- September 16th, 18th, 22nd, 28th-30th are the dates for poll worker training.
- Early voting starts Oct 12th.
- Old business
- Kidd says the county has no old business.
- New business
- Kidd says the county has no new business
- Myshesa Good asks the board to consider shifting the bus lines from ending at 5:00pm to 8:00pm on election day to give poll workers transportation.
- Dave suggests this should be a motion.
- Bob asks the cost of this change.
- Myshesa says that is unknown as of right now but will be known as logistics are worked out.
- Motion to shifting the buses lines from ending at 5:00pm to 8:00pm on election day to give poll workers transportation.
- All but one board members vote “aye” — Bob Proctor votes no
- Kidd says he will reach out to the board of commissioners to get the change on the agenda.
- He also says that any resident in the county of Douglas can call the elections office 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride to the polls during early voting.
- He reiterated that it must be 24 hours before the pickup date and this service is only available during advanced voting.
- Bob asts does the county have enough people to process the number of ballots that will come in.
- Kidd answers by saying yes the county has ramped up its workforces and seems to be covered.
- Plan to have 6-12 people checking absentee ballots.
Motion to adjourn the meeting
Meeting link below
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here