Members present: Myesha Good (chair), Robert Proctor, Daniel Zimmerman, Maurice Hurry
Director: Milton Kidd
- Director Kidd reported they certified the election results Nov 10. They will begin the recount
Nov 13 at 9:00 am. He described the process for the recount. In response to a question from
Proctor, Kidd said he’s trying to get 30 two-person teams to do the recount. He emphasized he
doesn’t expect a significant shift from the recount, although because voters have gone before
the voter review panel, a few changes will be made.
- Kidd reported they received a grant for a mobile voting unit. Douglas is the first county its size to
have such a unit. They also received grant funds to give poll workers hazard pay.
- Kidd announced the Dec 1 runoff for PSC was moved to Jan 5.
- Kidd announced they will start sending out absentee ballots Nov 20.
- Good asked if the drop boxes will be at the same locations. Kidd replied they will be. He added
advanced voting starts Dec 14 and will take place at the same five advanced voting locations
they used for the general election.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here
Be First to Comment