Members present: Myesha Good (chair), Maurice Hurry, Robert Proctor, Kevin Evans
Director: Milton Kidd
- Milton Kidd reported he and staff will be attending training from the Secretary of State’s Office.
- Kidd said they are filling two of three new positions and are continuing to recruit for the third position.
- Kidd said in mid-August, they will be posting information about absentee ballots on digital signboards in the county.
- Kidd reported the office had a booth at the Juneteenth celebration on June 19.
- Kidd said they received a mobile voter unit on June 14. Maurice Hurd asked what the community’s reaction was to the new unit. Kidd said it was positive. He pointed out that in the 2020 election cycle several precincts were without power for a couple of days. The mobile unit will allow them to respond to these sorts of emergencies in the future.
- Chairperson Good open nominations for the vice-chair position. Kevin Evans nominated Maurice Hurd. Hurd was elected with 3 in favor and 1 abstaining.
- Kidd reported two staff members will be attending training on the new software for the election management system from July 19-23.
The board adjourned to go into executive session.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here