Members present: Stephen Kelehear (chair)
Registrar: Mary Hammontree
- Form changes—staff reported the SOS has sent them forms reflecting changes from SB 202.
- Voter maintenance—Staff reported they received a list of 385 voters from the Secretary of State’s Office who hadn’t voted in the last five years. They mailed noticed to those on this no-contact list, and 100 of them were undeliverable.
- Staff reported they asked the four municipalities holding elections this fall to update their street lists. Three have responded. They are waiting on Tunnel Hill.
- Training—Mary Hammontree reported she and another staffer will be attending training later in July from the Secretary of State’s office. She noted that counties requiring technical support from the state will be charged $30,000. Whitfield County has technical staff to maintain its equipment.
- Poll worker training—Hammontree said they will be having training for poll workers to prepare them for this fall’s elections. She said there are no polling place changes. In a discussion with the chair, she said she would not be recommending any changes at this time.
- Hammontree said they had just received an open records request for images of all ballots cast in the last election. The county’s legal staff is reviewing it.
- Hammontree report that a vote review and duplication panel has to be appointed for the municipal elections. She said she wanted to appoint a board member, Rob Cowan. Two other appointments will be made by a judge.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here