CALL TO ORDER:
- Dr. Henry Ficklin, Chairperson called the meeting to order at 4:00 p.m.
RECOGNITION OF VISITORS:
- Dr. Ficklin stated that he is striving to have public access
- No public comment
MOTION FOR APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Minutes from the Regular Board Meeting held on Thursday, November 21, 2019, were approved without exceptions
- Motioned and seconded – a majority voted to approve O.C.G.A. 21-2-540 & SB366 to conduct a special election for the Macon Water Authority to fill a vacancy for District 2 fr the remaining term.
- Newly appointed judge does not have to run for re-election until 2022
- Motioned seconded and approved a request for permanent polling place change for East Macon 5 precinct polling location which is Delores A. Brooks Recreation Center located at 3326 Ocmulgee East Blvd., Macon, GA which has been under construction, to Swift Creek Baptist Church located at 4354 Jeffersonville Rd., Macon GA
- Motioned, seconded, and approved a proposal to move the Howard 4 precinct polling location which is the Theron Ussery Recreation Center located at 815 N. Macon Park Dr. Macon GA which will be under construction in 2020 to the MAcon Wimbish Road Seventh-Day Adventist Church located at 640 Wimbish Rd., Macon, GA
- Approval to move the Vineville 6 precinct polling location which is Forest Hills @ Ridge located at 3187 Ridge Ave., Macon GA to Lutheran Church of the Redeemer located at 390 pierce Ave., Macon GA awaiting written approval from the church
- Motioned, Seconded, and Approved rescheduling the January 16, 2020 Board MEeting to January 23, 2020 to comply with the O.C.G.A 21-2-265 (f) regarding moving above polling locations
Motion For Adjournment was made at 4:54 p.m
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here