Board Members in Attendance:
- May Reeves – acting Chair
- Jane Scoggins
- Wayne Farmer
- Randy Rahoke
- Ashley Gay – assistant to Jane Scoggins
- Monthly Report
27 felons cancelled
2930 cancelled by state from purge
0 Mentally ill
30 Deceased from county records
4932 voters registered
608 moved out of county
- Closing of Jefferson Pkwy precinct
- Moved to Art Center, Precinct no 28…new name
I did not attend hearing as I was ill. I was told there were no objections at hearing.
There are assisted living and other apartment buildings in the area. Not quite walking distance for seniors.
State Apportionment Dept to be notified once report is run to be sure all voters from Jefferson Pkwy have been tagged for notification with new voter registration cards.
At last meeting the State had not allowed the closing. Was unable to get information as to why state allowed change after all. I need to follow up. I am sure I can get answer.
Poll managers and workers in new precinct need to be worked out.
- Madras precinct change.
- Move from library to new gym building not inside school. Changed for safety and disturbance of school. No objections to change.
- Meeting dates for 2020…now on website
- Jan 21 state reviewing polling places for accessibility, electricity, safety
- Poll worker training Feb 4 at 9:30am, 2pm, 6:30pm at Fair Ground
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here