CALL TO ORDER:
- Dr. Henry Ficklin, Chairperson called the meeting to order at 4:01 p.m.
RECOGNITION OF VISITORS:
- No public comment
MOTION FOR APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- Minutes from the Regular Board Meeting held on Thursday, December 19, 2019, were approved without exceptions
- No dissenting comments made, so Board motioned, seconded, and gave final approval for the request for a permanent polling place change for the East Macon 5 precinct polling location which is Delores A. Brooks Recreation Center located at 3326 Ocmulgee East Blvd., Macon, GA which has been under construction, to Swift Creek Baptist Church located at 4354 Jeffersonville Rd., Macon GA
- Public comment was made in opposition to this change, citing the distance between the old and new polling locations, but Board still motioned, seconded, and gave final approval for the proposal to move the Howard 4 precinct polling location which is the Theron Ussery Recreation Center located at 815 N. Macon Park Dr. Macon GA which will be under construction in 2020 to the MAcon Wimbish Road Seventh-Day Adventist Church located at 640 Wimbish Rd., Macon, GA
- No dissenting comments made, so Board motioned, seconded, and gave final approval for the proposal to move the Vineville 6 precinct polling location which is Forest Hills @ Ridge located at 3187 Ridge Ave., Macon GA to Lutheran Church of the Redeemer located at 390 pierce Ave., Macon GA awaiting written approval from the church
- Motioned, seconded, and approved Georgia Soil and Water Conservation call for Solid and Water Conservation District Supervisor election for General Ballot on November 3,2020. This office is a nonpartisan race, pursuant to O.C.G.A 2-623, 2-6-27, 2-6-29, 2-6-30, and 2-6-31, and Rule 600-9. The Qualifying period for non-partisan is March 2-6, 2020
- Polling facilitates updated with Macon-Bibb County’s vendor application process – the process will remain, but they will continue to pursue the issue
- Polling facilities were checked for accessibility, security, electrical outlets, etc/. All were in compliance
Motion For Adjournment was made at 4:53 p.m
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here