Date: Time, 9:10 AM; January 25, 2022, Lumpkin County Elections & Voter Registration, 56 Short Street, Dahlonega 30533
Present: Ben English & Dottie Krull (Chair) – Republican Seats; Peri Gorden & John Webb – Democratic Seats; Temporary Elections Manager – Ashley Peck –
Others: Mary Brown
- Elections Manager Peck provided the old contingency plan which needs to be updated. They agreed to look over it and discuss next month.
- VI Conference: will be held March 20-23 in Athens, and virtual attendence may be allowed. Elections Manager Peck asked to be notified this week if people are planning on attending.
- VII Election Office Update: There is now an additional congressional district in Lumpkin. One member inquired as to how additional polling places coule be properly requested, as a constituent had expressed their discontent with the fact that Luumpkin County only had one. It was suggested that the person with the concerns contact Elections Manager Peck directly. There are free services to take people to the polls. Key to another polling location would be lines at current place. About 50% of constituents voted early or used absentee ballots during the 202 election cycle.
- Redistricting deadline to have all data in is Feb. 15th. All voting in Lumpkin is at large.
- The qualifying fees have been published.
- State launching new VR system.
- Office training on line Feb. 4th.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here
Be First to Comment