Members Present: Fran Leathers – Chair, Jay Hanley, Doug Hammond,
Pam Hendrix (arrived at 5:05 p.m.)
Members Absent: None
Others Present: Jennifer Stone, Ken Davis, Jeralee Mornhinweg, Carol Nimmons, Vicki Krugman, Sarah Bell, Lee Becker
Leathers called the meeting to order at 5:03 p.m.
On Motion by Hanley and seconded by Hammond, Minutes from the September 3, 2019 meeting were unanimously approved.
▪ Discussion regarding location and security of Dominion Voting equipment storage. ▪ Malcom Bridge /Marswood Hall Polling Location Change Notice will be published on 11/7/19 and 11/14/19 in the Oconee Enterprise. The change will be finalized on 11/21/19.
▪ Municipal Intergovernmental Agreements will be amended.
▪ Discussed delivery of voting equipment and demo set received. Informed about weekly conference calls and listed pilot counties for new equipment.
▪ Spoke about upcoming new equipment training.
▪ Jonathan Wallace’s resignation and temporary appointee, Ken Davis.
▪ Voter registration increased by 76 voters for the month of September.
30,808 total voters as of September 30, 2019.
▪ Poll Worker Training is set for October 22, 2019 at 5:30 pm. Invited board members to attend.
▪ Confirmed Logic and Accuracy Testing for November 5, 2019 Election is completed. ▪ Signs were ordered from Burman Printing for polling location changes.
▪ Contract Labor was discussed.
▪ Additional publications for Special Election: 10/10/19, 10/17/19, 10/24/19, 10/31/19
▪ Attend Regional Director’s Meeting on 10/2/19
▪ City of Watkinsville Candidate Forum – 10/3/19
▪ Scheduled times for Board Members to arrive on Election Day and informed of Vote Review Panel appointees.
▪ Set November Board Meeting Date for November 12, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here