- Directors Report
- 2 Technicians from Dominion are here unpacking the new voting equipment and checking to be sure everything is working correctly.
- 2 demonstrations led by Secretary of State Representatives took place January 14, 2020. Each session was well attended and well received by the attendees.
- Paige Thompson will begin giving individual machine demonstrations on a walk in basis beginning Tuesday, January 22nd. Demonstrations requested for after 5pm or weekends will be by appointment only.
- State Elections Director, Chris Harvey was in Hall County Saturday, January 11, 2020 at Smokey Springs giving a demonstration of the new Election machines. The meeting was well attended- standing room only.
- Public Comment specific to items ON the agenda- Comments may be made in one of the Public Comments opportunities and shall be held to 3 minutes. Comments shall be addressed directly to the Chairman with no assured response from the Chairman or Board members during the time of public comments. NONE.
- Comments from the Board
- Gala Sheats- None
- Ken Cochran- None
- David Kennedy- David is glad early voting is being expanded for Hall County Voters.
- Craig Lutz- In order for the extended hours to be effective people must know that it’s available. We should explore all options for getting the extended hours advertised for the public.
- Chairman Smiley- Dr. Smiley attended the Machine demonstrations at the Hall County Government Center on January 14, 2020. All sessions were well prepared and communicated effectively. There were varying opinions about the machines and the Board must be sure to remain neutral and supportive when talking with voters. Direct them to their representative if they have any questions or suggestions.
- Confirmation of next meeting February 4, 2020 3:30pm HR training room.
- Executive Session (if needed) Discussion regarding land acquisition, land disposition, personnel matters, potential litigations and/or litigation. Executive Session is not open to the public. Executive Session is a lawfully closed meeting. [§50-14-1(a)(2)]
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here
Be First to Comment