Call to order
Lori Wood called to order the regular meeting of the Walton County Board of Elections at 12:00 P.M. on September 14, 2020.
The following persons were present: Lori Wood, Henry Ivey, Joyce Chambers, Lyriq Riden, Sharon Gregg and Jenni Phipps
Review and Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting
Lori presented the minutes from the last month’s meetings and the board reviewed. Joyce made a motion that the minutes from last month’s regular meeting be accepted as presented. Lyriq 2nd. All in favor and none opposed. The minutes were approved as presented. Lyriq made a motion that the minutes from last month’s special called meeting be accepted as presented. Henry 2nd. All in favor and none opposed. The minutes were approved as presented.
Presentation, Review and Discussion of Current Budget Report
The Board reviewed and discussed the current budget report.
Voter Registration Updates
- The board reviewed the challenges and hearings that were presented. Joyce made a motion to approve the removal of the deceased voters. Henry 2nd. All in favor and none opposed.
- The next election is the General Election scheduled for November 3, 2020
- Training will begin on October 5th.
- We have accepted over 8,900 absentee ballot applications as of last week.
- Office policies and procedures – Postponed until next month
Joyce made a motion to adjourn. Henry 2nd. All in favor and none opposed. Lori Wood adjourned the meeting at 12:31 P.M.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here