Watched recording on Facebook
Members present: David Fedack, Robert Proctor, Daniel Zimmerman, Myesha Good, Maurice Heard
Staff: Milton Kidd, Director, and two others whose names I didn’t get. Kidd conducted the meeting because elections for new officers were going to be held.
- Election of chairperson: Myesha Good was elected chairperson (Fedack, Good, and Heard voted for her; Proctor and Zimmerman opposed)
- Vice-chairperson: David Fedack elected vice-chairperson (Fedack, Good, and Heard voted for him; Proctor and Zimmerman opposed)
- Felon hearings: 44 letters were sent; 3 were undelivered or had moved
- M. Kidd reported 13,306 absentee ballot applications had been processed. There are 98,000 voters in Douglas County.
- M. Kidd reported they are preparing for the primary by assessing polling locations and recruiting poll workers. There will be a ballot box placed outside the courthouse. In response to a question from R. Proctor, he said he will be meeting with authorities to discuss security measures; it will have to be physically secure and a video has to be on it at all times. He’ll provide more details to the board at their next meeting. M. Good asked how other counties are maintaining safety measures handling absentee applications and ballots. M. Kidd said he’d check on it and report to the board at the next meeting.
- Hearing—The board had a hearing on a candidate’s qualifications on March 26. M. Kidd reported the complainant will be challenging the board’s decision in Superior Court.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here