Mary Carole Cooney, Chairperson
Vernetta Keith Nuriddin, Vice Chairperson
Dr. Kathleen Ruth
Aaron V. Johnson
Roxie Thomas – asking for an investigation with an independent audit for votes counted with signature match.
Garland Gavorito – spoke about fraud at State Farm and the GBI has a record of covering up crime.
Adjourned for Executive Session
- Authorized to send communication for filing qualifications to electors to: Caroline Jeffords, Warren Smith and Steve Sutton – All voted yes
- Pursue voter challenge – Gabe Sterling to qualification to elector. – Yes: Cooney, Wingate, Ruth and Johnson. No Nuriddin
- Service of process in New Georgia Project litigation – All voted yes
Protection of Poll workers
- Cooney said that their mission is “Care we serve”. Those who serve deserve our care. Anything malicious toward poll workers is not acceptable.
- Barron reported that Poll Watchers were
- aggressive and police had to deescalate twice
- taking pictures of poll worker’s car tags
- saying racial slurs
- sending harassing calls and emails
Workers were uncomfortable with people taking pictures of car tags, trying to identify them. It went too far.
- Cooney suggested that they ask the major political parties assist in assuring that poll watchers are able to work in an atmosphere of own comfort and safety
- Received a detailed letter from GOP poll watchers. Encouraged all board member to read their side of the story.
- Called Fulton GOP and told them:
- that folks taking pictures of car tags to stop.
- Don’t send people with a chip on their shoulder.
- If they see an irregularity, go to the poll manager. Don’t engage.
- If poll manager isn’t helpful, then go back to the party.
- Make sure that people working the polls cooperate with workers and managers.
- They are going to areas where there is a history of intimidation
- There is a difference in not knowing the rules and intimidation
- No action was taken by the board
Barron reported that there are now 2 COVID cases in voter registration and 32 infections in the department.
East Point Library reported one poll worker is positive for the virus.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here