Members present: Myesha Good (chair), Robert Proctor, Maurice Hurry
Director: Milton Kidd
- Operations report—Director Kidd reported:
- They are working on a backlog of transfer applications of voters who have moved in or out of the county;
- They worked with two cities posting qualifying fees for the November elections;
- They are putting into place an online program for elected officials and candidates to file their ethics reports. They will be providing training and posting it on their website. Online reporting will be an option this year but required for all officials and candidates next year. In addition to filing reports, the program will allow the public to view the reports.
- Chairperson Good asked how many seats are up for election this year. Kidd said there are three council seats in Douglasville and two in Villa Rica. Qualifying will be August 16-18.
- Old business—Kidd reported he and his staff are working with county agencies to find a garage for a motor voting unit they will get in May.
- New business—Good read a letter from the Republican Party stating they will name a replacement for Daniel Zimmerman, who died, after the February meeting.
- Executive session—the board went into executive session to discuss a potential legal matter.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here