Members present: Myesha Good (chair), Maurice Hurry (vice-chair), Robert Proctor, Kevin Evans, Kelly Cobb
Director: Milton Kidd
- Letters were mailed to 14 individuals who may have felon sentences, stating they will be removed from the voter rolls in 30 days if they don’t respond. They didn’t receive any responses.
- Director Kidd reported that the state is working on a new registered voter information system. It will have improved levels of security. Douglas County has been asked to help evaluate it. Chairperson Good asked for more details about the system. Kidd said the current system has been in place since 2012. Kidd said the new system will capture name, address, and other voter information about voting. It will be called GARVIS.
- Staff reported they are continuing to work with a contractor on a poll worker training module. She also reported they have sent letters to current and former poll workers asking if they will be available for 2022. Starting next week, they will be contacting poll worker applicants. In response to a question from the Chair, Kidd said they will need about 300 poll workers for the primaries.
- Kidd reported they are offering training on financial disclosure and ethics reports to elected officials. Sessions were held February 8 and 10.
- Kidd stated the state has asked him to be the regional training facilitator for district 3, the metro Atlanta region. He reported elections officials will meet on February 22 to discuss qualifying requirements.
Kidd reported they have been working on redistricting. At the current time, they are waiting for legislative approval for local districts.
Kidd noted qualifying will be March 7-11. He also said staff will be attending a training for elections officials on March 20-23 in Athens.
The board went into executive session to discuss potential litigation issues.
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Registration and Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Become a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor at our next training on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6 pm. Sign up Here