14 days away from the January run off elections, there are 8 special called Board of Elections hearings scheduled to consider challenges to voter lists across the state of Georgia. These challenges are questioning the validity of the names currently on county rolls and, ultimately, calling for the removal of voters. Challenges have already been heard in Cobb County, Athens-Clarke County and Gwinnett County in recent days with calls to remove over 23,000 voter registrations total — all challenges were rejected by the county BOEs.
At the time of this writing, Clayton County has already dismissed the 3 challenges that were presented based on lack of evidence/no probable cause.
The public is able to submit comment or comment in person. See the list below for all of today’s scheduled meetings:
- Clayton County | 10:00 am via zoom
- Forsyth County | 10:00 am in person
- 1201 Suwanee Dr., Cumming, GA 30040
- Go to building to left side and there’s a door
- Jackson County| 11:00 am in person
- 441 Gordon Street Jefferson, GA 30549
- Dekalb County| 1:00pm via ustream
- Public comment may be submitted by sending an email of one page or less to [email protected] which must be received between 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. on the day of the meeting. The body of the email must include the commenter’s first and last name, followed by the commenter’s address.
- Abusive, profane, or derogatory language will not be permitted. By submitting an email for public comment, commenters agree to have their names, addresses and emails broadcast on the UStream and entered into the record and minutes.
- The DeKalb Board of Registration and Elections reserves the right, at the DeKalb Board of Registration and Elections’ sole discretion, to add commenters’ emails to the record/minutes without reading any of it into the broadcast or read all or a portion of the email into the record/minutes.
- Henry County | 1:00pm via Facebook
- Glynn County | 1:00 PM?-?3:00 PM In Person
- Historic Courthouse, 701 G St, Brunswick, GA 31520
- 2nd floor meeting room
- Columbia County | 3:00pm in person
- Board of Elections Main Office, Building E of Evans Government Complex Center | Ronald Reagan Dr. Evans, GA 30809
- Public comment may be submitted by sending an email to [email protected]
- Fulton County | 4:00pm via YouTube
Did you know that the public can attend Board of Elections meetings?
These meetings are open to the public by Georgia law. Feel free to take notes or record meetings. Read more here: Georgia Open Meetings Act.
Learn more about attending Board of Elections meetings as a Peanut Gallery Volunteer Monitor by attending our next training on the 4th Tues. of the month at 6pm. Sign up here.
Hearing scheduled in Spalding CO tomorrow, Wednesday, @ 10am.